As the semester is coming to a close it has been easier to look back and see how much I've learned from being an RA here on E82-3&4. Having 56 girls in your care is more than just a lot of responsibility, it's downright intimidating! But having this leadership team of beautiful and encouraging girls has made it one of the best times of my life.
- I CAN handle a lot more than I think. Emotionally, physically, and mentally. But only because of the Lord's graciousness, and His Gospel being the sole thing that refreshes and motivates my soul to continue each day.
- I love these girls. Truly. And I am way more attached and protective over them than I thought I'd be.
- This position is a serious boot camp for motherhood. Late nights, conflict resolution, disciplining, loving, encouraging, supporting, listening, mentoring, planning, learning, and I could go on.
- It's a gentle line between being someone's friend, as well as their authority. Making sure not to show favoritism, but still building personal relationships that will respect you when you are required to rebuke them... it's tricky. But I'm learning! And it's worth it.
- Selflessness. That is what it's all about. And it can be so hard sometimes knowing that my time right now is not my own, but it's the best thing I could be practicing.
- Living in community is priceless. There is nothing like having girls who know you, and love you, and spur you on towards righteous things.
- Forgiveness is a beautiful thing.
- I am so spoiled! I have the best RA partner/roomie/best friend, the best leadership team (I mean look at those hotties up there), and overall THE best hall on campus!