Saturday, January 12, 2013

I WAS NOMINATED FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD!

How incred is that?! Jenna, an adorable blogger from A Lovely Life was sweet enough to name me as a nominee. Which in itself is such an honor. So here's the sitch: The Liebster Award is a blog to blog nomination that highlights blogs you love! Adorable. And such a way to connect other bloggers. Jenna gave me a list of questions to answer, to give you a sneak peek into this little noggin of mine. Look out, because now I get the honor of nominating 11 other blogs! #Dyingfromthiscuteness
 
Questions From Jenna:
1. What is your favorite pastime? DANCING! My happy place. Even though I cut short my pursuit of it as a career, nothing makes me feel more free than an empty studio and music to kill.
 
2. Which do you like better: chevrons or polka dots? Even though I'm all about the chevron, and I know it's totally fetch right now. Polka dots are classic.
 
3. What's your favorite memory? Goodness how in the world am I to choose just one?! Regardless of the fact that I can never answer these questions without grief from leaving something extraordinary out, I'll comply.. for Pete's sake. Here's to you Pete. Well off the top of my head I constantly think back to when my entire family loaded up our Excursion and drove up the East Coast all. the. way. to. Canada. Literally, sometimes I can't help but laugh thinking about how insane that was. Hours upon hours in a car with 5 dramatic daughters, a Dad who didn't believe in eating anything past breakfast, and a Mom who tried to keep us all from falling apart. Not to mention how many bad attitudes, tears, and bathroom breaks it took to actually bring us closer together in the end. It sounds miserable. And to be sure at times it was. But honestly, I don't think I'd ever learned to laugh so hard before then and I somehow love my family more because of that trip. Can you say, "Sista-Sistaaaa?"
 
4. Why did you start your blog? Honestly, just so I could look back in a few months or years and remember what life was like! Through this blog {although it's only been a few months so far} I've been able to document my adventures, my loves, and even the hard times. I want to remember all of it. And when I'm married and running around with babies I think it will be an amusing thing to read how stressed I was with finals, or how gosh darn broke I am... because I think I will laugh at myself and say "You had it good, and you didn't even know it!" I want to be thankful for this life and to remember the blessings and answered prayers. And I just so happen to LOVE it! Which makes it that much more fun :)
 
5. What is your all-time favorite recipe? My secret Oreo Crust Cheesecake recipe! I would share but... it IS a secret after all. But who knows, maybe I will someday. You know. For Pete's sake. {I'm overkilling this Pete joke I know, but I'm dying over it right now for some reason lol}.  
 
6. What was your first job? Chick-Fil-A! I'm actually going on 5+ years now. I only work when I'm home in Charlotte sometimes, but it's been a great place. And goodness, who doesn't love a good original chicken sandwich?!
 
7. What is the most romantic date you've ever been on? Be prepared ladies, you will swoon. Ok, so a few months into my relationship with Christian he planned a secret surprise for me after a dinner one night. I was am a huge High School Musical fan, and especially at that time when they were more recent, was obsessed with anything and everything HSM. So, he took me to his house that night and walked me into his backyard to where their tree-house was. I climbed up after him and walked in to find the HSM tree-house song playing, candles, flowers, Dr.Pepper in an ice bucket {my fav}, pillows and blankets for a picnic. It's safe to say that I was falling head over heels for that boy after that. He's such a romantic.
 
8. What is your favorite TV show? The Bachelor/Bachelorette. I'm a total sucker and not even ashamed!
 
9. Who would play you in a movie? Well if I could choose, I'd definitely go with Rachel McAdams. She's short like me, but totally gorgeous. I adore her.
 
10. If you could have one wish... what would it be? To fly! No. I would wish for happiness for my family. And maybe the ability to transport myself. Yea I'd totally be into that.
 
11. Would you rather read a good book or watch a good movie? I do actually enjoy reading, but I'm such a movie watcher. And the difference is, that you can share in watching a good movie with someone. The snuggle company is the best part of a movie I think ;)
 
Facts About Me:
1. I'm obsessed with Dr. Pepper.
1 1/2. I'm also obsessed with the word obsessed.
2. My favorite part of the day is changing into my PJs.
3. I'm afraid of heights.
4. Reality TV. Ah. My total guilty pleasure. 
5. Instagram junkie (camrynstahlmand). Mostly to follow bloggers and beautifuls I want to be like.
6. I get homesick more than I'm able to admit.
7. Dying to be 21! It's gonna be bangin.
8. Runner-up for "Best Smile" in high school... OK, it's almost something to be proud of.
9. I can't wait to be in love with C for forever. Everyday with him is the best day.
10. I have SO much to be thankful for.
11. My wildest dream is to be a rock star. Just not sure what that will look like yet.
 
My Liebster Award Nominees:
 
Rules For Nominees:
1. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Choose 11 bloggers with up to 200 followers to nominate.
4. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the sweet blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
 
Questions For My Nominees:
1. If you were a type of underwear, what type would you be?
2. What hidden talent do you have?
3. Dogs or cats?
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
5. Are you a Mama's girl or Daddy's girl?
6. What is your perfect vacation?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. What is your hometown like?
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
10. What is your favorite dessert?
11. How would you describe your dream man?
 
Thank you again Jenna for the nomination! This has been so much fun :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love learning more about you (the blogger)! Great blog, I'll be checking back often :) Would love if you stopped by my blog!

    Whitney
    michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!! And what an honor. Congrats!

    Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete