I wanted some way to reminisce over this past year. And a way I could look back in a few years and see what 2012 looked like for me. So I decided for a timeline of sorts, twelve of my most memorable adventures in light of two thousand twelve! And what an extraordinary year this has been.
1. Being asked to step up into the Spiritual Life Director position on the leadership team was one of the most honoring things. I learned so much and will ever be grateful for those who pushed me to grow and allowed me the chance to lead in this role. Most especially, it gave me a new friendship with Veronica, one that I treasure so much. Love that girl.
2. I went through the Resident Assistant experience, which proved to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done; physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I was left discouraged and defeated. It really was more like a boot camp for every weakness I have, and then revealing those I didn’t even know about. Rough town 101. But here’s the thing, (even though I would never do it again #truthtime), I learned so much and it was completely sanctifying. And in the end I made it! I signed a contract to be partners with one of my best friends, created a team of incredible girls, and all under the most incredible RD on campus. The Lord was good to me indeed.
3. This girl turned 20-years-old! Holy moly. I’m not a teenager anymore? That may be up for debate but either way, I love being 20. It feels like people take you more seriously when you’re 20. And not to mention everything starts to fall into place… school, friends, fashion. It’s all a little more me I think. When you’re not afraid to embarrass yourself is when you know that you’re comfortable in your own skin. I really do think my 20’s are going to be my golden years. Cheers to that!
4. Kairos. The best thing I could have possibly spent my summer doing. After a tough and exposing spring semester, this internship encouraged me in so many ways. The people I met were so wonderful, and so willing to pour out their time and wisdom on all of us who were desperately hungry to hang on to every word they shared. And not only did I love what I was doing, but I was pretty darn good at it, which is fabulous in itself! A summer, work, friends, and church I will never forget and always uphold as a life changing season. I also fell in love with
while I was there, I really
wouldn’t mind living there one day. Greenville,
5. Jeff and Carole Randolph a.k.a my summer parents, and two of the most wonderful, humble, and generous people. Living with them this summer was definitely THE best part of my entire Kairos experience. I cannot brag on them enough, and I miss them wholeheartedly. The way the loved me like their own daughter makes me choke back tears just thinking of them. Aren’t they just precious?
6. Hayden won tickets to the One Direction concert! And it was one of the most exciting -not to mention loudest- nights ever. Such good memories. I don’t think I ever screamed so much… yes, I was dying over the boys of One Direction. But I really couldn’t help it ;)
7. One weekend this summer I went with Jeff and Carole to their mountain house in NC, and Christian met us there from his summer working as a camp counselor at
. It was such a fun
weekend. We drove up to a little town nearby and found they were having their
annual “Coon Dog Day”… I didn’t even know there was such a thing. It was quite
entertaining however, and our question of the day was “Ya’ll aint from around
here are ya?” It must have been obvious. Lake
8. Staring this adventure of being an RA. I can’t describe how much this opportunity has meant to me. No matter how hard some days can be, the life change I’ve seen and the friendships I’ve made with my girls is enough to make me appreciate all of the above. I just hope I can be the best for these girls, influencing them and supporting them with the strength of Jesus. If the Lord is glorifed in the end, then I can rest in the assurance that I was obedient
and faithful to his calling.
9. Gosh! Such a fun night! One of the best all semester. So many laughs and memories, all with one of my bestest friends.
11. Christmas Coffeehouse! There is nothing like dancing your heart out for an excited crowd of 12,000. I love that I got to experience this again with some amazing friends.
12. The 3-year mark of being with C. Everyday I spend with him makes it impossible not to long for next days I’ll see him. His charm is truly irresistible. I cannot wait for our adventures of 2013.
I am loved and I am blessed. Cheers to you 2012.